MOROCCAN INSPIRED HARISSA COUSCOUS

MOROCCAN INSPIRED HARISSA COUSCOUS
 
 
More Moroccan inspired food! I didn't actually realise how my Moroccan food I ate and this dish is one of my favourites, it's easy, filling and so delicious! I first discovered Harissa in one of the Cook Yourself Thin books and since then it's been a staple in my fridge. I buy the Belazu one, it's more expensive then other brands but it's the best, believe me, I've tried them all! This dish might seem like a bit of a faff but believe me it's worth it, especially if you want a lot of food for your calories! This comes in at 533 calories for a massive portion!
 
Ingredients - Serves 2
2 Large Chicken Breasts4 Tomatoes, cut in half1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil2 Peppers, finely sliced 1 Onion, finely sliced1 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped 30g Belazu Rose Harissa100g Couscous, cooked according to packet instructionsSalt, Pepper and Chilli Flakes, for seasoning
Method - Takes 40 Minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 250c, add the chicken breasts and tomatoes to an oven proof dish, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes.

2. While the chicken and tomatoes are roasting, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry the onion and peppers until they start to turn brown, add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Add the Harissa, cook for a minute.


3. Once the chicken and tomatoes are cooked through, shred the chicken and chop the tomatoes, add them to the pan and stir to combine everything in the harissa. Add the couscous, stir, taste and season and serve.