Moroccan food, a cuisine my ladyfriend

We went to enjoy some Moroccan food, a cuisine my ladyfriend talks about often after spending a couple weeks there working with children in hospitals. She got to step down memory lane and talk about the good and the bad she saw, people with hope and an ability to find joy in the smallest things to families who had to travel 10 hours or more to reach the nearest hospital and then unable to find an affordable place to stay while their loved one received medical care. 

Sorry for the tangent, our waiter was Moroccan and was more than happy to talk about his native country, he also had a passion for soccer. I drank probably 3 whole teapots of the Moroccan mint tea by myself. Fun fact, you are supposed to try and pour into your cup from as high as possible without spilling to create bubbles and show the proper color of the tea for maximum enjoyment.
I had the lamb cous cous, the lamb was braised  to the tender point where the meat fell off the bone with the slightest tug. The almonds, carmelized onions, and raisins were all really good together. My girlfriend got a vegetarian cous cous and it was light on the vegetables.
Really good, affordable food from a cuisine I love more every time I experience.


morocco culture,moroccan food,morocco food,moroccan cuisine,morocco beaches,moroccan meal,beaches in morocco,moroccan culture,hercules cave,hercules cave morocco