Rajae Soufi ... The Sound Of Sacred Music

Cinema
Music
Painting

A "World Bridger" to help connect the cultural extent between East and West and between traditional and contemporary

Her name is Rajae E. M. Soufi, 23. This young Moroccan started dancing when she was just 4 years old, played classical music from 8, studied at a music conservatory at 16, changed her path to become a full artist at 20.

Born in Larache, raised in A'dam, staying in La Hague, getting ready to move to London, planning to settle In New York to expand her multi artist talent and to put the last touches on her album scheduled to be recorded in the U.K by the end of October.

Poetry writer, singer and producer, composer in all various styles or mixing them, from acoustic jazz, pop, drum n bass, soul, funk/trip/hip hop, spoken words and then her own songs, in English, sometimes in Arabic too.

Her topics are as diverse and complex as life itself, from Sufism, to love, life, light, happiness, anxiety, distress, suffering, interaction and communication. She just feels that she is going back to her Moroccan sources. They call her the "World Bridger" because she is in between of both worlds, integrated but yet authentic. "I'm taking my time doing this album", she said to Morocco Today, "because I want to have a good team to stick with and travel with, and that takes time."

Rajae Sufi added, "Music is my life and I breathe music... I'm guided by a many inspiring artists, helping me deepen out my artistic skills. They give me space to find myself and teach me patience and faith, and everything. One step at a time... and I'm taking my time going public".

As for Morocco, Rajae has a wish: "Morocco is my motherland and I'm very eager to do things there, present myself there without the pressure of being held back in other countries. I would like to get in touch with people from the music, entertainment, and media scenes in Morocco to eventually visit and collaborate. I'm gathering a band now to start rehearsing again to do some promo concert around.

And Rajae concluded: "It's all with the help of and unconditional faith in God, my witness in this process of artistic life that I feel my skills are so numerous and creative. The more I'm in this biz, the more I feel duty and responsibility of my words, deeds an actions."